Beekeepers in the Bluegrass
Association Meeting Information
The Bluegrass Beekeepers meet monthly throughout the year excluding January and August. The meetings are the second Monday of each month and include an always fabulous potluck starting at 7:00 p.m. The meetings are held at the Fayette County Extension Office in Lexington, Kentucky.
Like Us on Facebook

Home Forum Newbee information Book recommendations. Feel free to add your own.

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TheQueenBee
    Keymaster

My first recommendation is a book that comes with a preface. Until I came across this book, I NEVER recommended or bothered to read anything from this series of books because they always seemed too basic for the topics but I don’t find that to have been the case for this version:

Beekeeping for Dummies – It quickly breaks down the terminology so it won’t be so confusing, and then essentially puts into one place a good, concise compilation of all the valid writings on honeybees in the last 100 years or so. I went from almost zero knowledge of beekeeping to being able to confidently read other books and articles on the subject without wondering what I was reading every other sentence.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by TheQueenBee.
    TheQueenBee
    Keymaster

Oh, a bit of trivia for you. There were significantly more books published on bees and beekeeping before 1900 than from 1900 to present. That’s right, even with the advances in publishing in the past few years with all the ebooks, etc., there were still more published before any of us(and often our grandparents) were born.

stone5rock
    Participant

Thank You QueenBee

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.